Message from PC Mel Carter from Neighbourhood Policing Team
Since joining the Brackley team in May of this year, I hope myself and the other members of the team have started to make an inroad into re-building some good relationships with the communities that our team police. I’ve conducted 8 Police surgeries at various village halls across the beat over the past few weeks, and will look to do some others after Christmas. It’s important that we as a team are visible to the communities we police, and whilst people will never see as much of us as they want to, I hope the villages we cover are starting to see some improvement on the last few years from a neighbourhood policing perspective. Our beat is large with 43 villages to cover and only usually one of us on at any one time, which is why it’s important to spread the word to your communities to contact us with any issues, so that we can prioritise where we need to be.
In terms of residential burglaries, there are the basic points below which still need to be followed if possible;
- Leave lights on when going out in the hours of darkness
- Ensure your property is locked front and back when out
- Consider locking yourself in when home
- Ensure your windows are all closed and locked when out and overnight
- Consider a house alarm or a dummy house alarm box
- Consider installing cctv or a cctv doorbell
- Consider sensor outside lights which are proven to be effective
- Cut high hedges back which may hide your property from view
- Keep tools locked away and lock garages and sheds
- If away, inform your neighbours and ask them to keep an eye on your property and remove post from view etc (assuming you get on with them and want them to know you’re away!!)
For business premises, the message is much the same, lock things away and ensure there is adequate security on site.
Living in a rural location creates its own vulnerabilities, so please encourage people to report anything suspicious via 101.
PC 911 Mel CARTER
Just to remind everyone of our local police contact details
Neighbourhood Policing Team 3
Brackley Police Station, St James Road, Brackley NN13 7XY
Tel. 101 Ex. 343501 / 07557 778579
Brackley Silverstone Team