There will be an election for a new Parish Councillor on the 21st September 2017. Nomination details and proxy votes are detailed below.
This timetable is available here DOWNLOAD NOTICE
Welcome to Boddington
Boddington comprises the villages of Upper and Lower Boddington which nestle in the beautiful South Northamptonshire countryside on the borders of Oxfordshire and Warwickshire.
Centrally located within commuting distance of London and Birmingham it offers the best of living in a thriving community with the practicality of working lives.Read More
The detailed report on the Parish Plan Questionnaire is now available and can be downloaded. It should be read in conjunction with the summary report.
The summary report was published in March and is available here.Read More
NOTICE is hereby given that the audit for the year ended 31 March 2017 was completed on 27 July 2017 and the accounts are now available for inspection by local electors in accordance with Section 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. As the requisite information as defined by Section 13(1) of the Accounts and Audit Regulations is not displayed alongside this notice, it is available for inspection either from the parish website or by appointment.
To arrange a viewing appointment please contact:
Dr Malcolm Stewart,
Responsible Finance Officer
24A Frog Lane,
Between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00
10 to 12 Shillings a week with beer!
The spelling of Boddington has changed over the centuries from Botendon in Domesday Book (1086) through Bottelendon (12th century Survey of Northamptonshire), and Budinton in the Calendar of Close Rolls (1244) to Botyngdon (1358), Botyndoun (1396) and Botyngdon (1428). When it became established as Boddington we do not know, but on some 19th century maps it was spelled with only one d. The origin of the name could be Botas Hill (dun) or, as Baker surmises, it could be compounded of Boten, a contraction of the Saxon plural of botl, a habitation, and dune or done, a down, which corresponds with the situation of the upper village.